The Positive Thinking movement was very popular a few years ago and while it had value at the time, and maybe has value to some now, the majority of the planet has moved into a higher level of awareness and we realise that it has some very serious limitations.
Affirmations etc. only work for a limited time and for limited awareness levels. At some point they come up against the wall of our core-beliefs about what is possible and probable; what we believe we deserve to receive and what we belief we are worth.
I would like to share a story from The Dark Side of the Light Chasers – Reclaiming Your Power, Creativity, Brilliance and Dreams:
Once upon a time a grandfather took his two grandsons to a nearby farm. As they got to the stable the one grandson started complaining about getting horse manure all over his new sneakers. As the Grandfather started feeling bad about bringing them to the farm he noticed his other grandson running around the stable very excited; so he asked him what he was so excited about and he said; “With all this horse manure around, there must be a pony somewhere”!
There are two things I want to highlight about this story:
- Don’t allow others to destroy your joy: Just as the grandfather started feeling bad because the one grandson reacted negatively to the outing, the other grandson was all excited. Every person we interact with has their own story and their own “jumping off” place. If someone reacts negatively to your action, then it is their stuff not yours to take on.
- Our world is one of contrast: The “negative” things that happen in our lives draw attention to things we need to work with and process and have nothing to do with the other person.
Shit happens: Deal with it!
As mentioned above the world is one of contrast and is created not only by our thoughts and actions but also by the thoughts and actions of the groups, communities etc. we form part of. We are not at a level of awareness yet where we can single-handedly change the manifestations of whole groups of people, but we can change our experience of them.
Nothing “bad” ever happens to us. We interpret situations as “bad” because of our judgement, ego and story. If something “bad” happens to you; take a step back and look at the following:
- Did you maybe draw the situation into your sphere by your belief that the world is a dangerous place, that your area is threatening etc.?
- Is the behaviour that is upsetting you maybe highlighting something you are not able to embrace with-in yourself?
- Is the behaviour that is upsetting you highlighting areas that you are unable to allow others to be without your judgement of them?
- Look back at areas in your past where this has been an issue – where did the would come from?
- Consider asking us about the Embracing The Shadow Course and Embracing The Shadow Counselling Process to help you unearth your power and brilliance!